During our next season in coming April/ May  we plan to concentrate on the following questions:
- Excavation of the lower stratigraphy in Area D: Will we find evidence for the earliest settlement history in this upslope situation that differs from the latest occupation?
- Will we find in Area D the burials suggested by the human remains and ornaments found in a sediment trap in the gorge below?
- More exposure of architecture: Will the structures give evidence for buildings that served other than domestic functions?
- Soundings in Area B ("The Saddle"): Will we find here the expected communal space of the settlement?
- How were the extreme parts of the Ba'ja slopes used? Can we identify more traces of architecture that slid down the slopes ?
- Investigations of the southern gorge's topography: can we find evidence to test our hypothesis on water storage by damming the gorge?
- Can we locate a "second" Ba'ja in the Petra area? .